D.U. (University Diploma) Early Chilhood - Healthcare practices and Educational practices
This training course has been founded on the basis of a triple partnership between:
- CUFR Nîmes and CREUFOP-LR (Languedoc Roussillon Regional University Centre for Permanent Training)
- IRTS, Languedoc Roussillon Regional Institute for Social Work
- IFCS, Training Institute for Healthcare Managers at Montpellier University Hospital.
The course is very much in line with recent policy drives towards the family, notably with reference to working with young children. It takes into account the fact that management functions must differ from those of paediatric nurse and youth instructor, being based within a different framework with reference to added value and wider general skills.
- Centres receiving infants
- Territorial public authorities (Hérault, Gard, Pyrénées Orientales, Lozère, Aude)
- Private / association crèches
- Parental crèches
- Family crèches
Be capable of:
- Managing personnel, a budget, premises
- Planning and organising the daily life within the structure
- Identifying children?s needs and designing adapted projects
- Communicating, negotiating and evaluating projects
- Leading teams and working with families
Organisation of studies
This is a modular training course spread over 18 months and two calendar years:
- 7h per day
- 3 days per month
- 18 group sessions
Each module is expressed in terms of hourly volume and European credits (Decree n°2002-482 dated 8th April 2002).
Content (420h, 60 credits)
Module 1----63h - 8 ECTS
- Healthcare and social policies, legal requirements and responsibility
Module 2-----84h - 12 ECTS
- Team management, partnership, communication
Module 3----63h - 8 ECTS
- The legal, administrative and financial context of initiatives and projects
Module 4----84h - 12 ECTS
- Establishment, educational and social projects, working with parents
Module 5----63h - 12 ECTS
- Analysis of practices and professional dissertation
Module 6----63h - 8 ECTS
- Professional practices
Total = 420h
Pedagogical team leaders:
- Odette Lescarret - Teacher of developmental psychology: psychologist
- Claude Devichi - University lecturer in developmental psychology
Pedagogical team leaders:
- Marie-Paule Valeix - Senior manager in Healthcare, trainer at IFCS at Montpellier University Hospital.
- Chantal Jouvenel - Training Manager at IRTS Languedoc Roussillon.
Holders of at least a level 3 diploma entitling the holder to direct an infrastructure for infants with respect to the regulations (Decree dated August 2000):
- Doctors of medicine
- Paediatric nurses
- Infant / youth instructors
- Justified personal experience of at least 4 years in the field of infant care.
The decree dated 1st August 2000 published in the Official Journal n° 181 dated 6th August 2000, in article 180-25 provided for special dispensations which, in certain cases, may enable holders of a level 3 diploma to be allowed to exercise the position of director.
A validation committee is held for persons who do meet the standard admission requirements.
Cost per trainee
4 300 Euros € part of the cost may be covered by Continuous Training mutual funds and Public Authorities.