IUP Professions in Arts and Culture
The objective of the IUP is to train professionals to be capable of managing and administering projects within a team, an association, a public or private business unit or in collaboration with other arts and culture professionals with a view to cultural and economic development.
In order to firmly position this course within the LMD framework, an International Master is currently being developed.
Opportunities and/or prospects
Current professions and future possibilities:
- Manager of a cultural site (site where events are held, cultural sites, galleries, museums, media libraries, memorials?)
- Administrator or agent for groups of artists (theatre, dance, circus, street art, musical groups, orchestras?)
- Organiser or manager of cultural events (festivals, seasonal events, shows?)
- Project or unit manager in various cultural sectors (cultural tourism, public culture policy, scientific and technical culture?)
- Manager of public services or structures (municipal theatres, cultural departments for territorial administrations?)
- Cultural engineer
- Cultural development manager
- Event project manager
The number of places available is limited to forty per year. Recruitment is based on an initial selection through entry applications and then by interview.
- Year one entry: open to all holders of a baccalaureate (or equivalent) + 1 year in higher education
- Year two entry: open to all holders of a baccalaureate (or equivalent) + a diploma for 2 years in higher education
- Possibility of admission within the framework of continuing education.